Starting out isn’t easy, particularly when you’re small. So many questions, so few resources and so much to do. It’s no wonder 95% of startups fail in their first year.
We don’t think that’s fair and that’s why we’ve created HATCH.
HATCH is Blackbaud’s way of saluting the work of small charities and making it easier for you to succeed.
"FROM A TINY SPARK,
BURSTS A MIGHTY FLAME"
HATCH is an intensive start-up program for new charities, hosted by Blackbaud.
As the world’s leading provider of technology powering social good, our mission simple: to help Not for Profits achieve greatness.
And that means giving small charities the best possible start in life.
"ALONE WE CAN DO SO LITTLE,
TOGETHER WE CAN DO SO MUCH."
- HELLEN KELLER
YOUR FIRST 90 DAYS
The HATCH 90 Day Incubation Program, has been designed to give you the tools, technology and training to transform your charity’s potential.
Think of it as a nesting box for fledgling charities. An inspirational space to learn, grow and emerge from your shell, with support from the best in the business.
Every year we’ll HATCH 12 new charities, who will receive over $25,000 of pro bono support including:
- Dedicated office space, meeting room & kitchen facilities in North Sydney
- IT resources (printing, phone, internet) for 2 people (BYO laptop)
- A 12-month subscription to eTapestry (The #1 fundraising system for growing NFPs)
- A 12-month licence to everydayhero (The leading Peer-to-Peer fundraising platform)
- Fee-free online payment and donation processing
- Fortnightly one-on-one support from professional Mentors in Business, Fundraising, Marketing & Outcomes Measurement
- A structured self-study training program
- Access to the Blackbaud Community, including free events, webinar & training
- Exposure in Blackbaud’s monthly e-Magazine ‘Impact’
- Networking opportunities with other small charities
As a member of the HATCH alumni, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with other charity start-ups through dedicated events and social networking groups.
We’ll continue to meet with you on a quarterly basis for the following 9 months and communicate your progress to the Blackbaud Community.
You will also be invited to share your story at bbcon – our annual conference and celebration of Not for Profit Passion.
Small charities are the unsung superheros of our local communities, yet often receive the least support and recognition.
Did you know?
- 4 out of 5 small charities receive no government funding
- 86% of small charities rely on volunteers to carry out their work
Yet, almost two thirds of charitable activity in Australia is carried out by small charities.